- Why Social Media Is So Depressing Right Now
- From Blogging to a Startup: The ShoutDreams Growth Journey
- your homepage cannot be indexed by search engines this is very bad for seo and should be fixed
- Best Blogging Tips – How To Get Your Blog Post Indexed On Google Quickly.
- Making money online – Top 5 ways to make money in the Gig Economy without education
I can understand if you may feel overwhelmed by all of the momentum and breakthroughs with Social Media or 'Web 2.0' as it is commonly called. It's okay to take your time and to learn how to do these things properly step by step. It is also okay to pick and choose and apply yourself to learning just a couple of things at a time. Blogging happens to be my thing and I really enjoy it.
The fact that I can turn it into a well oiled piece of my 'cash flow engine' is just a bonus!
The old adage about doing what you love and the money will follow really rings true for me these days.
Okay so let's get down to basics. Let's say you have your first page of content ready. Here's what I do to maximize your 31 minutes of effort and put your article to work. You can do it too.
1) Save the article to a file so that I have a back up for my blog, and I can post the article more easily for other purposes. Label it clearly and start to keep all articles together. Even if you write 1 a week you will have 52 by the end of the year. That is more than enough for your first book!
2) Post the article to your blog. Choose some relevant keywords for the 'Tags' section if you have one. This will help your blog get ranked high on Google when people are searching for information on your subject. (Google loves fresh blog content so this actually works!)
3) Notify your social media sites of your new blog post. (This is a little bit like promoting your own newspaper! It is very exciting once you get your initial fear of what is unfamiliar to you.)
Twitter and Facebook are great ways to announce to the world that you have new blog posts. You can use a great resource at Ping.fm/dashboard.com
This is completely free and enables you to ping a message direct to all of your social media sites with one push of the button! It is amazing.
4) Wait 2-3 days (this allows the new post on your Blog to be picked up as original content first) and then post the same article to 5 of your favorite article directories (possibly edited slightly if there are lots of references to your blog. Read it through and make sure it makes sense as a stand alone piece, ie not in the context of your blog)
Here are my favorite article directories. Open a free account with each of them and submit your article. Follow along with their step by step instructions. It is time consuming the first time but after that you'll have your account ready and just add them each time.
Make sure you come up with a good Author Bio with a call to action to your website. This is what will generate traffic to your website. Without it someone can read your article and love your message but not be able to find you!
That's it for today! If you put this little system in place every time you post an article (even a small one of 500 words) you will soon have the beginnings of a content distribution network working for you 24/7. It is all free and gives residual value.
What I mean by that is you will do the work once and it can bring you traffic to your website forever. It's absolutely essential to be clear on your message and your author bio so your target market can find you.